Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Travel projects


All kinds of creative ideas are running through my mind right now, but since I'm packing for a trip first thing in the morning, I haven't had time to do any crafts. I want to make some leather rabbit ears. Is that politically incorrect. I'm thinking more 'pagan ritualistic' than 'cute costume shop bunny ears'. And while I'm at it I need to make a deer headress.
I also need to figure out which projects to take on my five day trip. If I don't take something with me I spend all my travel money at craft stores buying new stuff I don't have room for when I get home. So I've learned the hard way to just take it with me to begin with. Must haves are at least 1 skein of yarn and knitting needles and a crochet hook. Maybe I'll take my cross stitch. It has to be something I can do on a train, and dropping a sewing needle in a public area is maybe not a good idea.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll think of something. I tried beading on a train once and had the necklace 90% done when I lost the whole strand off the end under my train seat. So beading is out. At least until I reach my destination.

No comments: