Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Cards







I just finished my article on making greeting cards. Watercolor Cards. I'm glad I finally felt well enough to put the cards together today. And I remembered I had some great ornamental papers stashed away to use for the card itself. Making cards is pretty time consuming. And the watercolors really should dry overnight and then flattened before assembling the cards. Leave enough time to trim everything to size.

For me the hardest part is thinking of something to write inside the card that is sincere and not canned. And also to not offend people, because not everyone is celebrating Christmas. I'm celebrating Yule, and I have friends that celebrate Hannukah. Sometimes 'Happy Holidays' or 'Seasons Greetings' is the best way to go.

So make yourself some cards or gift tags and have some holiday fun.

No comments: